ВПГ  

Вернуться   ВПГ "Беркуты" > Виртуальная Пилотажная Группа "Беркуты" / Virtual Aerobatic Team "Berkuts" > Выступления / Live shows

Выступления / Live shows Треки выступлений, записи РО во время выступлений, обсуждение

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 07.07.2008, 00:07   #11
BR=11=Frazer
VAT "Berkuts"

Вы сказали Спасибо: 354
Поблагодарили 1,305 раз(а) в 347 сообщениях

Цитата:
Сообщение от Skru_Luse Посмотреть сообщение
Very nice show again today guys,

This show had some interesting problems, but you guys performed with them and kicked A** Through the whole thing

Frazer,Spider,Yaroslav, You guys all did a great job of filling other positions, very well done.

Awesome flying by all,

My favorite part Frazer over coms, Frazer: Oh, I forgot I had 2 Smokes... Stupid Solo

Your next show is streaming in my living room with my projector

Thanks for the kind words there :)

Second and last airshow of the weekend is starting now!
BR=11=Frazer вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо BR=11=Frazer за это полезное сообщение:
Kuzma-13 (07.07.2008)
Старый 07.07.2008, 00:16   #12
Lawndart

Вы сказали Спасибо: 0
Поблагодарили 11 раз(а) в 4 сообщениях

After 3rd show:

Great show again, but since I know you guys area looking for precision here are some things I saw:

Frazer, your 4 point/8 point needs slower hesitations. It's very laggy for spectators. I couldn't tell if you did an 8 point roll or 4 point roll without looking at the track afterwards. The way we fixed this is by rolling and making the stops smoother/slower. It's boring to fly, but looks much better for the spectators. An evil, but necessary compromise you could call it.

Frazer was the only pilot without NAV lights turned on during the show.

Frazer had two smoke gens, one on each wingtip, everyone else had a center smoke generator. This made smoke look assymetrical in the 6-ship formations when looking at the formation from below or above. This is obviously because the solo routine before the show, but the formation doesn't look symmetrical in Delta in particular. Maybe if Yaroslav also had two wingtip smoke gens would be a solution (until someone else lags out and you guys switch positions around).

Spider looked like he either forgot smoke on the takeoff or maybe turned it on too early (with wheels still on the ground) again.

Timoha's setups from behind and from in front are a little off center and inconsistent. Sometimes too far right, sometimes too far left of the mark. Also, the Stinger roll (would have been a Delta roll normally, but AndrewZ was lagged out) was apexed well to the left of show center.

Very good job adapting and flying a Stinger when you lost a pilot the first time. Especially the Box formation, where Yaroslav flew left wing and knife edge. I'm assuming that isn't his normal position in that maneuver, and that shows great versatility! Thumbs up to Yaroslav!

The rejoin after the Box formation looked like Yaroslav could have spread out more to allow more room for AndrewZ to join in a "nicer" way. He almost hit the leader and slot, probably feeling like he was sandwiched in between Yaroslav and the formation. This would have looked much better if the outer wingman spread out more and then joined the inner wingman's wing as he still is in the process of joining the formation smoothly.

Also, the rejoins are really far away from the airport, as much as 7-8nm sometimes! The one after the Big formation break could have looked better and been accomplished a lot faster. I find it easier to perform rejoins close to the airport and here's why: If the leader stays close to the airport, he needs to keep turning in some way. This creates aspect "problems" for the wingmen, but good problems none the less. Instead of chasing down the leader with only speed, they can now rely on measured techniques and pursuit techniques (lead, lag etc.). It also makes the rejoin much more symmetrical looking, because each pilot will join up in a consistent pattern instead of coming from behind as a swarm of bees. Being able to fly a consistent rejoin profile utilizing lead pursuit instead of chasing the leader to join will make rejoins faster and easier to plan ahead for (in briefings and execution).

Formation rolls: I noticed some guys use rudder in the rolls. This is a great way to prevent any excess cupping, but it needs to be a measured amount of rudder and smoothly held, then released at the appropriate time. There were some times you could tell rudder was being put in-out-in-out etc. by wingmen in the rolls. This may not be obvious to the pilot himself, but for a spectator watching from half way around the world it looks jerky and really laggy (with the appearance of "fish tailing").

The opposing solo maneuvers are still off center. This time both were left of show center.

Also, great work by Spider who flew left wing when AndrewZ lagged out the second time for the Heart in the Sky formation break. Nice job adapting to the situation and good call by the leader Timoha for the proper formation changes! A leader with good situational awareness is a must and Timoha definitely does a great job.

Show is coming along nicely and despite lag problems you guys dealt with it in a good way. Again, timing could be faster in turnarounds etc., better and quicker rejoins with plotted out rejoin trajectories, smooth (and mostly constant) rudder use in rolls as well as anticipating lag for spectators in solo maneuvers such as the 8 point roll would be my biggest recommendations to look at judging from this show.

Frazer, I know you flew a great solo routine, but a lot of it was so laggy because the quick hesitation stops it was almost hard to watch. Hopefully, it can be smoothed out a little bit (i.e. slower stops/hesitations) and it will look almost as good to us as it does in your cockpit. We routinely send our tracks to others so you can watch yourself fly on someone else's track and it reveals almost all the areas where you need to be smoother because of lag... that's just a tip to pinpoint which maneuvers need "lag smoothing".

Again, this is not meant to harm anyone... You guys already have a great show, superb pilots so this is just me pointing out some things from a spectator's point of view that could be improved and make the show even better. I could have just said "great job" and that would have been sufficient and accurate too, but hopefully this helps and remember, it was still an amazing display!
Lawndart вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Lawndart за это полезное сообщение:
BR=61=Spider (07.07.2008)
Старый 07.07.2008, 00:51   #13
Lawndart

Поблагодарили 11 раз(а) в 4 сообщениях

Just watched the last show (4th). Many things looked good!

I didn't realize in my last post that Yaroslav and Frazer (outer wingmen) are the ones supposed to fly knife edge in the Box formation, so good job to Skair in the previous show for adapting when it was a Stinger Box!!!

The rejoin after the Big Formation Break, the one before the "dirty Diamond Roll" looks very dis-organised.

The solos FINALLY had a show center pass on the opposing cobra maneuver! Woohoo!!!

Btw, there was less noticable rudder in the rolls during this show on my end.

And I like the 2x3-ship formation loops at the end. This time I didn't have my expectations up and it was great. (Spider forgot smoke off again... DOH!). Hehe...

Again, all I can really say is another beautiful show!!! Shows that flying back-to-back shows and days is paying off. Look forward to seeing you fly at VFAT!

Great job Berkuts, you make us all proud!
Lawndart вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Lawndart за это полезное сообщение:
Старый 07.07.2008, 01:03   #14
Skru_Luse

Поблагодарили 10 раз(а) в 4 сообщениях
Отправить сообщение для Skru_Luse с помощью MSN

Awesome 4th show guys,

Spot on, I can not wait to see the whole thing at Vfat !

Looking awesome guys, keep it up
Skru_Luse вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо Skru_Luse за это полезное сообщение:
Старый 07.07.2008, 02:45   #15
BR=11=Frazer
VAT "Berkuts"

Цитата:
Сообщение от Lawndart Посмотреть сообщение
After 3rd show:

Great show again, but since I know you guys area looking for precision here are some things I saw...........
............I could have just said "great job" and that would have been sufficient and accurate too, but hopefully this helps and remember, it was still an amazing display!

Thanks for the tips and comments there Lawndart!
I will get your post translated to russian so that everyone understands.

I must say though that most of your critical points are known within the group. We still got work to do, perfecting our show.
Regardless, we found this airshow good enough to show that we are here

Thanks for watching our shows (all 4!) and your tips to improve them!
Старый 07.07.2008, 20:29   #16
BR=11=Frazer
VAT "Berkuts"

Thank you all for watching, it was a great experience!

Эти 5 пользователя(ей) сказали Спасибо BR=11=Frazer за это полезное сообщение:
BR=07=Skair (07.07.2008), BR=30=Yaroslav (07.07.2008), BR=61=Spider (07.07.2008), Kuzma-13 (07.07.2008), Yellow (07.07.2008)
Старый 09.07.2008, 04:02   #17
BR=11=Frazer
VAT "Berkuts"

For the ones who didn't make it to the live show, tracks together with ventrilo records are now downloadable!
The tracks are not edited so that everyone can make their own views.

Before downloading the track we would be pleased if you register at our forum first.
After downloading, extract the tracks in "Lock On > Missions > Tracks" folder.
Tracks can be opened in the lockon mission editor by selecting the track and pressing "CTR+E".
To run the track synchronized with the MP3 Voice file, simply press "S" to unpauze the mission shortly after you heared "Start Airshow [aeroshou]".

VAT_Berkuts_02_LIVE_2008-07-05
VAT_Berkuts_03_LIVE_2008-07-06
VAT_Berkuts_04_LIVE_2008-07-06
Этот пользователь сказал Спасибо BR=11=Frazer за это полезное сообщение:
BR=55=Sevas (05.11.2008)
Старый 10.07.2008, 19:33   #18
BR=11=Frazer
VAT "Berkuts"

Screenshots
Вложения
Тип файла: rar VATBerkutsLIVE.rar (3.44 Мб, 2366 просмотров)
Ответ